Short Online Course: Introduction to Gender, Peace and Security
With Henri Myrttinen (Gender Associations) and Julia Scharinger (ASPR)
application Opens IN August 2022
Interactive sessions every Tuesday, 10-11.30 am CEST
Self-paced course work: 3-5 hours/week
Course Costs: 300 EUR
Partial Scholarship: 150 EUR
A limited number of highly competitive full and partial scholarships are available for people from DAC-receiving countries. Women and people of diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations are especially encouraged to apply!
Platforms: Moodle & Zoom
Content and methodology:
In 2020 the Women, Peace and Security-Agenda celebrated its' 20th anniversary. This course is aimed towards highlighting and embracing its' key achievements, while also contributing further knowledge and skills towards some of the areas, which are still in need for further development to maximise the Agenda's impact and inclusivity. As such, the agenda's scope in this course is widened from 'women' towards 'gender' by introducing key aspects, approaches, knowledges and skills in that regard.
Over the course of three weeks participants will engage in interactive sessions, self-paced elements and case studies to learn about:
- Key development and approaches of gender, peace and security
- Analysis and response to gendered impacts of armed conflict
- Meaningful participation in peace processes
- Practitioners engaged in peacebuilding, conflict transformation and or gender justice-programmes.
- Women and people with diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations are especially encouraged to apply
A basic understanding and commitment towards gender is expected.
There is no single-dimensional problem, because we do not have a single-dimensional life.